The quickest answer to this question is yes. You always need a lawyer for a soft tissue injury sustained in a car accident. The bottom line with car accidents is that you should always contact an attorney when you’ve been involved in one, whether or not you were injured or even transported to the hospital. Consulting with an attorney immediately protects your rights and helps you build a case against the at-fault driver.

When you talk to a lawyer after a car accident, he or she will immediately begin investigating the crash. A lawyer will request the police report, your medical records, and any other evidence that can help mount a case against those responsible. A lawyer will also encourage you to follow the doctor’s orders, seek the proper treatment, and help you build your injury diary following the crash. This diary can be helpful in explaining how serious your soft tissue injuries are.

It can be difficult to prove the presence of a soft tissue injury following a car accident, which is why a lawyer will be helpful. You might need more than just objective evidence because the damage to your vehicle might have been minor and these injuries do not appear on x-rays or other medical tests. An attorney will be able to negotiate a settlement with either your insurance company or the insurer of the responsible driver.

If all else fails, an attorney will be able to file a proper lawsuit against the at-fault driver and then represent you in court as you fight for compensation.

Get a fast, free estimate!