The reason is that some accident injuries do not become apparent for a few hours or even days after the crash. If you later find you have pain and injuries and did not see a medical professional after the accident, it could complicate the case. So, see your doctor or go to the ER after the accident to make sure your injuries are well documented. Be sure to keep all medical records and bills. After that, you can then contact American Family and start the claim process.
Starting Your Claim
The auto claims service at American Family Insurance is fast and easy. The company’s auto claims staff is completely focused on auto claims 24 hours per day. This means you can get your claim handled quickly.
You have some options when it comes time to report your claim. If you prefer to make contact over the phone, call 800-692-6326. You can also submit a claim on their website, or through the mobile app. When you reach out to American Family, you will want to have the following information available for faster service:
- American Family Insurance policy number
- Date and time of loss
- Brief description of the accident
- Insurance and contact details for others involved in the accident
American Family’s intuitive claims process will ask questions about your accident. This helps them gather more information regarding your claim. Once your claim is submitted, they also make it easy to track via their website or mobile app. You can also call American Family for updates.
Repairing Your Car
Accidents happen every day, but American Family’s Dreams Restored Program (DRP) takes most of the stress of selecting your repair facility. The auto insurance company has done all of the hard work for you by finding the most customer-friendly and trusted shops in your area. That way, you can relax by knowing your vehicle will be properly repaired.
Below are the benefits of the Dreams Restored Program:
- It’s fast: American Family has established relationships with auto repairs shops across the country. Because American Family has put their trust in these businesses, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be fixed quickly and professionally.
- It’s guaranteed: With DRP, repairs are guaranteed to last. American Family values the quality of repairs that are done to your vehicle.
- It’s simple: You will never need to get more than one estimate – DRP handles all reviews and estimates. This takes away the huge headache that is shopping around for the right repair shop. American Family has already done the work for you.
- It’s convenient: No need to worry about the billing process. Rather than hassling with paying the repair shop, American Family Insurance handles billing directly for you. No need to wait on a check or bank transfer, just to turn around and hand the money over to the auto repair shop.
- It’s dependable: All DRP shops meet only the highest standards in customer service and repairs. You can rest assured knowing that you and your car are in good hands.
Other Things to Consider
If you already have a repair shop in mind that is not part of DRP, American Family Insurance will still be with you every step of the way. The company will work with you and the non-DRP facility to make sure the claim is processed, and your vehicle is repaired fast. This gives you both flexibility and peace of mind when you need to get your car fixed in a timely manner.
If you want to pay for repairs out of pocket, the DRP program will provide you with the same high-quality repairs and best pricing.
And what if you believe the cost of repairs will not exceed your deductible? You should still file a claim, in the event that there is more damage or injuries that were not immediately apparent.
Should you need a car rental while your vehicle is in the shop, American Family helps with that as well. It is important to have rental car coverage, should you ever find yourself in need.
In the case of your vehicle being totaled – meaning the repairs cost more than the value of the car – American Family will pay out the fair market value of the vehicle before it was damaged, minus your deductible. In this instance, you receive a check directly for the costs. If you think the amount you are offered is insufficient, you always have the option of hiring an attorney to handle insurance settlement negotiations. Auto accident lawyers are accustomed to handling insurance negotiations every day, and you may find they can get you a better deal, even after paying attorney fees.
Find a Lawyer to Help With the American Family Claims Process
In most cases, the American Family claims process is easy and straightforward. But if you find yourself in a position where you need the advice of an attorney, Lawsuit Info Center is here to help. Reach out to us today, risk free. We will help get you in contact with a lawyer who will be on your side throughout the claims process. Our lawyers will assist you in getting your compensation after an accident.