American Family Claims Process
Have you been in a car accident and are insured with American Family? It is important to understand the auto accident settlement process to ensure that everything goes smoothly. After all, a car accident is a stressful experience and it helps if your claim process is as easy as possible. Fortunately, American Family has things set up so most auto claims are quite easy process, and the American Family arbitration process is an easy alternative to going to court. Below is what you need to know.
Reporting Your Accident
You should contact your insurance company after the accident, but first things first: Make sure the police have been called to the scene and an accident report has been completed. Also, if you think there is any possibility of injury, you should be seen by a medical professional right after the accident.
The reason is that some accident injuries do not become apparent for a few hours or even days after the crash. If you later find you have pain and injuries and did not see a medical professional after the accident, it could greatly complicate the case. So, see your doctor or go to the ER after the accident to make sure your injuries are well documented. After that, you can then contact American Family and start the claim process.
Starting Your Claim
The auto claims service at American Family Insurance is fast and easy. The company’s auto claims staff is completely focused on auto claims 24 hours per day so that you can get your claim handled quickly.
To report your claim, all you need to do is call 800-692-6326. When you call, you will want to have the following information available for faster service:
- American Family Insurance policy number
- Date and time of loss
- Brief description of the accident
- Insurance and contact details for others involved in the accident
You also can report the claim online on the company website at www.amfam.com, or through the MyAmFamApp on your mobile device.
Repairing Your Car
Accidents happen every day, but American Family’s Dreams Restored Program (DRP) takes most of the stress of selecting your repair facility. The auto insurance company has done all of the hard work for you by finding the most customer-friendly and trusted shops in your area. That way, you can relax by knowing your vehicle will be properly repaired.
Below are the benefits of the Dreams Restored Program:
- It’s fast: Because of the company’s direct relationship with repair facilities in your area, repairs can be started and completed quickly. This means your car or truck will get top priority so you can get behind the wheel as soon as possible.
- It’s guaranteed: With DRP, repairs have a workmanship guarantee for life that is backed fully by American Family Insurance, giving you full peace of mind.
- It’s simple: You will never need to get more than one estimate – DRP handles all reviews and estimates. The company has some of the best in the auto insurance industry to give you and your vehicle the best care.
- It’s convenient: You do not have to worry about billing. Rather than hassling with paying the repair shop, American Family Insurance handles billing directly for you.
- It’s reliable: All DRP shops meet only the highest standards for customer service and repairs.
If you already have a repair shop in mind that is not part of DRP, American Family Insurance will still be with you every step of the way. The company will work with you and the non-DRP facility to make sure the claim is processed, and your vehicle is repaired fast.
If you want to pay for repairs out of pocket, the DRP program will provide you with the same high-quality repairs and best pricing.
In the case of your vehicle being totaled – meaning the repairs cost more than the value of the car – American Family will pay out the actual value of the vehicle before it was damaged, minus your deductible. If you think the amount you are offered is insufficient, you always have the option of hiring an attorney to handle insurance settlement negotiations. Lawyers are accustomed to handling insurance negotiations every day, and you may find they can get you a better deal, even after paying attorney fees.