So you were in a car accident and you think you could have a strong case. What is the best way to find a car accident attorney near you to help? As you know, this is an important decision. Finding the proper attorney for your lawsuit could be one of the most important decisions you ever make.
You should conduct careful research and choose an attorney who has years of experience handing a car accident case like yours. Below is more information about how to find the perfect car accident attorney near you.
Know What You Are Looking For
Before you start doing searches for attorneys, bear in mind the factors that you should be looking for in your lawyer. Of course, exactly what you are looking for can vary a bit based upon the type of case, your own personality and region of the country:
- Look at the entire law firm and not just the most well known partner in the firm. Remember that the people that you interact with on your case the most may not be the big name attorney in the organization. You could be working with junior attorneys and paralegals more than anyone else.
- Understand the firm’s age, size and experience in personal injury law. If the law firm as awards and leadership awards, these can be good signs.
- Strong judicial connections. Determine if attorneys in the car accident law firm are active in your local bar association and whether they contribute to political campaigns.
- How often they go to trial and results. Most cases settle out of court, but if yours goes to trial, you want an attorney with a strong track record of verdicts.
- Your personal rapport with the attorney – this can be one of the most important factors, as being able to communicate well with your lawyer will definitely help the case
Where You Can Find a Good Car Accident Attorney Near You
Now that you have a better idea of what you should keep in mind when looking for an attorney, you can begin to look at various resources to find the right one:
Friends and Family
It always is a good bet to talk to people you know in your network. Ask who has had a good experience with a personal injury attorney before. It would be preferable if they worked on a car accident case with them. But you should not use an attorney just because you got one good reference. Be sure to ask around with several people.
Lawsuit Info Center
Our website can help you to find a good personal injury attorney in your part of the country or state. The attorneys in our database are all highly qualified and experienced in personal injury law in their state.
Legal Referral Services
State and local bar associations have legal referral services where the names of lawyers that are licensed in the state are listed by specialty. You still should try to get reviews from consumers of any attorneys that you get through this method.
Talk to Other Attorneys
One of the best ways to find a good car accident attorney is to talk to attorneys who specialize in other areas. Most attorneys know good attorneys in other specialties.