A thorough, physical exam should detect any injuries sustained in the crash. This means going to the doctor for a separate examination after an exam at at the scene of the accident. When you go to the doctor, keep all forms and documentation. Request copies for yourself and for State Farm. This will help the claims process to go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Starting Your Claim
Step one is calling the police when the accident happens. Secondly, go to the doctor or ER and seeking out medical care. Step three is filing a claim. Thankfully, State Farm’s process is fast and easy. State Farm’s claims department never closes, so you can call at three a.m. or three p.m. You can call them at 800-692-6326. Introverts who hate phone calls who can submit their claim online. State Farm’s website and mobile app both allow for this.
What You Need
When you’re ready to file your claim, have the following information on hand.
- State Farm Insurance policy number
- You can find this number on your ID card. You can also log in to your account on State Farm. If you don’t have access to either, State Farm can look it up with other information. They can use your date of birth and social security number.
- Date and time of loss
- Be as specific as possible.
- Brief description of the accident
- While you don’t want to spend two hours describing the accident, be thorough. Include all the details you can remember. This will help the claims process to go smoothly.
- Insurance and contact details for others involved in the accident
- You should have collected the insurance cards of the other driver(s) involved in the crash. State Farm will need their info to collect their statements. State Farm will also try to settle the claim with the other insurance company. While arbitration is an option, settling right away is always preferred.
State Farm uses an intuitive claims process when you file a claim. This means that they will ask specific questions about your accident. The type of accident you were in will determine what questions you’re asked. It all helps to speed up the claims process. Once you file your claim, you’ll get a claims number.You can use this to keep track of it on State Farm’s website or mobile app. Calling State Farm for updates is another option.
Repairing Your Car
Whether we like it or not, accidents happen every single day. That’s why State Farm created the Dreams Restored Program (DRP). Once you’ve received medical attention and filed your claim, you’ll want to get your vehicle repaired. The Dreams Restored Program eliminates most of the stress. It’s easy to find a repair shop through DRP. You won’t need to make a bunch of phone calls to find the right shop. Simply choose the closest repair shop and schedule an appointment.
Dreams Restored Program
Below are the benefits of the Dreams Restored Program:
- It’s fast: State Farm has relationships with auto repairs shops across the country. Schedule your appointment. State that you’re scheduling through the Dreams Restored Program. Because State Farm has these relationships, you can relax. Your vehicle is in good hands. Expect the repair done quickly and professionally.
- It’s guaranteed: With the Dreams Restored Program, your repairs will last. State Farm values the quality of repairs done to your vehicle. The auto shop will respect the DRP and repair your vehicle to State Farm’s high standards.
- It’s simple: You don’t have to call around to a bunch of different shops. The Dreams Restored Program will handle the reviews and estimates, so you don’t have to. Getting repair estimates is one of the biggest pains, so this is great. State Farm has already put in the time and effort for you.
- It’s convenient: State Farm isn’t like other insurance companies who send you money for your repairs. You won’t receive a bill for your repairs. Instead, State Farm will work directly with the auto repair shop for you. You won’t be the middleman. This will save you time and aggravation.
- It’s dependable: State Farm carefully vets every repair shop with whom they work. All Dreams Restored Program shops meet high standards in customer service and repairs. They don’t buy cheap parts from China that easily break. They purchase high quality parts that will last. You can rest assured knowing that you and your car are in good hands. You’ll drive away with the same (or better) quality parts as you originally had.
Other Things to Consider
The Dreams Restored Program is great. But if you have history with an auto repair shop, that’s great. Even if they’re not part of the Dreams Restored Program, State Farm Insurance will work with you. They’ll be with you every step of the way. State Farm will work with you and your non-DRP auto repair shop. They’ll make sure that the claim is properly processed and that repairs go smoothly. You’ll have peace of mind with the best of both worlds.
In some situations, you might want to pay for your own repairs. Sometimes this saves you money in the long run. State Farm Insurance understands this. Believe it or not, the Dreams Restored Program is still available to you in this case. While they won’t be as involved, the auto repair shops that DRP works with will still fix your vehicle.
The dreaded deductible is always a question. If your repairs don’t exceed your deductible, you’re paying out of pocket. So, why bother to still file a claim? What good will it do? Well, there’s a chance that there’s more damage than you think. When you file a claim, An inspection will take place to check your car for damages. Insurance adjusters are highly skilled. They will find any damage to your vehicle. It might not raise your total repairs above your deductible. But it will ensure that your vehicle is completely repaired.
What if your car is going to be in the shop for a long time? You need transportation! State Farm Insurance has your back. If you have rental reimbursement as part of your insurance, you’ll be set. Make sure you do! Otherwise, you’ll pay out of pocket for your rental car.
Did your vehicle get totaled? This means that the cost of repairing your vehicle is greater than the total value of the vehicle. State Farm Insurance will pay you the fair market value of your vehicle. This fair market value is how much your vehicle was worth before it was damaged in the car crash. You’ll receive the fair market value in the form of a check. You can use this money however you want to.
If you don’t receive as much money as you believe your vehicle is worth, you can hire an attorney to try to get you more. Lawsuit Info Center has resources to help you find the right attorney to represent you. There are attorneys who specialize in auto accident law. They deal with insurance negotiations on a daily basis.
Find a Lawyer to Help With the State Farm Claims Process
Most of the time, State Farm Insurance handles claims quickly and effectively. They have a good reputation. However, like any insurance company, State Farm isn’t perfect. Their primary goal is to save money. This means getting you to settle for the least amount possible. Are you having issues with your claims process? The Lawsuit Info Center is here to help. Reaching out to us for help is the first step. We provide resources on our website to guide you to the right attorney. Get started by exploring our website. Once you find the right attorney, you’ll be on your way to getting the compensation you deserve.