Getting a fair semi truck accident settlememt is a difficult task anywhere the accident occurs, but being out of town adds more complexity and challenges to the situation. Below we’ll address

If You Were Injured While Driving on the Highway in Another State

If you were injured while driving on the interstate in another state, you will need to hire an attorney who practices in the state where the accident happened, and any rules around insurance coverage, statute of limitations etc will defer to the state where the accident occurred. 

If The Truck Driver Lives (or the company is based out of) in a Different State

If the driver who hit you lives in another state, you should still hire a local attorney in the state where the accident occurred. Your attorney can deal with any issues that come up as a result of the driver being from out of state—including any issues pertaining to insurance coverage.

Get a fast, free estimate!