What exactly falls under the category for wrongful death by auto accident? A fatal collision from somebody whose carelessness caused another’s passing. Wrongful death claims are intended to repay those relatives whom the victim has left behind after the deadly mishap. Before you come up with a number of how much you think you should receive, you must understand the various factors that go into figuring out a value.
Type of wrongful death suit- There are many different types of wrongful death suits. Some results of wrongful death include negligent driving, workplace error, murder, medical malpractice and pharmaceutical negligence.
Car accident wrongful death suit- In the case of a wrongful death suit involving a car accident, many different variables are accounted for when determining how much the family of the victim is owed. No amount of money will atone the loss of a loved one however; the compensation owed in a wrongful death lawsuit begins with deciding how much will the loved ones suffer economically. Other factors which help determine how much you may receive include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- The income in which the deceased was receiving at the time of death
- The loss of benefits
- The heath in which the deceased was in
- The age of the deceased person
- The family’s loss of love and pain felt before death
The following are some wrongful demise settlement sums that have been published in various parts of the nation:
- 22-year-old single male was killed in a motorcycle accident awarded $3 Million to his family leaving behind his parents and 2 brothers.
- 17-year-old male killed in a two-car collision awarded $215,000
- Family of three struck by another car while 11-year-old daughter witnessed from the back seat. The mother passed leaving behind a husband and three children awarded $816,000
- Death of a pedestrian woman awarded $1,150,000 against well-known trucking company
- Death of a 6-year-old girl awarded $1 million due to the negligence of a tractor-trailer truck driver