When involved in a head on collision, the most important step to take immediately following the accident is to seek medical attention. Unfortunately, head on collisions tend to be devastating and leave victims with severe injuries. These types of car accidents not only leave victims injured but also typically leave one or both vehicles involved completely totaled leaving a large value of damages. In order to ensure you are compensated the highest amount you must provide the necessary information. Many factors go into determining the value of your settlement such as:
- Property damage
- Personal injuries
- Loss of wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of ability to perform everyday tasks
- If death occurs, the family involved can receive compensation for funeral costs.
Some real life examples of settlement values for a head on collision include:
- $950,000- victim suffered hip, spine and humerus fractures requiring surgical repair.
- $415,370- victim was a minor and played competitively in lacrosse. She suffered fractures to her tibia and fibula and lost her scholarship to play lacrosse in college.
- $96,789- victim suffered a fractured ankle requiring 2 screws to repair.