The amount you can sue for in a car accident depends upon the severity of the accident and the damages involved. You should talk to an attorney in your area to get an idea what you case could be worth. But below are some rough guidelines for common car accident cases. Your case could involve figures much more or much less:
- Minor injuries with minor soft tissue or whiplash injuries can have settlements for $10,000 to $25,000.
- For more serious orthopedic injuries that need PT, surgery and after care, settlements can be $50,000 to $75,000.
- Spinal injuries that do not cause paralysis can be from $75,000 to $100,000.
- Injuries with paralysis will be in the high six figures or into the millions.
- Brain injuries with cognitive impairment can have settlements in the $100,000 to $250,000 range.
- A catastrophic brain injury case can involve a settlement in the millions of dollars.
- If the car accident victim died in the accident or afterwards, a wrongful death lawsuit usually will be filed for anywhere from $1 million and up.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident, we can help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us at 877-205-4877 for your free, no obligation legal consultation. There is no charge and no obligation to hire an attorney.