If you are in an accident with a head on collision, here are some tips to maximize your compensation:
- Check for injuries for all parties right away and call 911. Do not decide with any driver. Call the police and first responders so an official police record of the accident is recorded.
- Be careful what you say. Do not say anything to other drivers or passengers that could imply fault on your part. Saying you are sorry or anything close to that could damage your claim later.
- Get medical treatment right away. Some injuries are clear and others are not. Get to the hospital right away and have your head on collision injuries documented by a medical professional. If you do not seek medical treatment right away, this can reduce your compensation in a claim or lawsuit.
- Collect evidence to support your injury claims: Get all the contact information for other drivers and passengers. Take photos and videos, and if able, get witness statements.
- Be careful of giving recorded statements to the other insurance company. It is almost always a bad idea to talk to the other insurance company without an attorney. They will twist your words somehow and reduce what they pay you.
- Keep a journal. If you have serious head on crash injuries, it will help to take notes in a journal of the pain you are going through and how it affects your life.