It is possible to change an accident report if there are mistakes present within the report. You can provide the officer who made the initial report with a letter requesting an amendment with factual evidence of what mistakes were made and how they should be fixed. The officer can then make the changes needed by simply attaching an addendum to the report and clarify the error. In the event that there are factual errors such as the wrong license plate or color of the car, this can be easily proven and fixed. On the other hand, if you are looking to make adjustments to subjective details, it will be difficult to get consent from the officer to change the report.

Get a fast, free estimate!