Car Accident Compensation
Typically, the amount of car accident compensation a person receives depends on If you’ve been in a car accident and are trying to figure out how much compensation your claim is worth, start with these questions:
- Who was at fault?
- Were you injured? If so, how severely? Is ongoing treatment needed?
- Did you miss work?
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident and thinking about filing a claim, the best thing to do is speak to a local attorney familiar with your state’s car accident laws. They can examine the specifics of your case and give you a good idea what your case may be worth. To get your free case evaluation and compensation estimate, simply fill out the form on the top right side of the page or call us 24 hours a day at 877-810-4067.
Here are some of the main factors in determining your car accident compensation:
- What type of injuries did you suffer?
- How much were your medical bills?
- If ongoing treatment is needed, how long will that last and how much will that cost?
- How strong is your case (for example, were pictures taken? Were there eyewitness reports? Is there a clear connection between the accident and your injuries?)
- How much damage was done to your vehicle?
- Did you miss work or will you be unable to earn money as a result of your injuries?
- How did your pain and suffering impact your lifestyle?
Benefits Of Working With A Car Accident Lawyer:
Insurance companies are trained to lowball their settlement offers, so it is very important that you document everything and can prove a connection between the accident and your injuries and property damage. This leaves less room for them to argue for a lower settlement. Car accident settlements can range from a few hundred dollars for minor fender bender accidents, to multi-million dollar settlements for serious injuries and death cases, with the largest auto accident claims in the US being over $20 Million.
Because there are so many variables involved and such wide ranges in insurance settlement offers, we always recommend that you discuss your options with a local attorney – all the lawyers in our network offer a free initial consultation. The benefit of working with a personal injury lawyer who is experienced with car accident cases, is that they have negotiated settlements and know how to talk to insurance companies, who are trained and compensated to pay you as little as possible. A good attorney can argue for more money for loss of income, ongoing medical treatments, and maximize the amount of compensation you get for your pain and suffering.
If you would like to discuss the specifics of your situation with a local attorney, fill out the form to the right side of this page or call us 24/7 at 877-810-4067 for help with your car accident questions.